Wednesday, September 29, 2010

CCC Week 16...


  
Over at Studio L3 this week we are up to Week 16 of the
Compendium of Curiosities challenge. This week's technique
is a lot of fun as it really seems to come out different than
planned. I used the Distress Ink colours of Crushed Olive,
Chipped Sapphire and Brushed Corduroy for my background.
I also got to use the new Rosette die, which if you haven't
tried it yet, is just so much fun to do. I used a Wendy Vecchi
stamp for the middle of the rosette, just love that eye!
I added a strip of some really cool clear deco tape and
stamped some random circles, attached my saying with
my favourite tool - the tiny attacher :) - if you do not own
this you need to, it is the best stapler ever!

Now back to that Rosette Die from Sizzix. I have seen quite a
few people using it and even though I barely use flowers on
anything I could see the possibilities of this die. It is hard to
find and there is nowhere local to me that has it, I found it
on e-bay, it shipped pretty quickly and arrived on my
doorstep this Saturday. I was so excited to try it out and once
I opened it I realised that you need to have an extended
platform and cutting plates to run it through the Big Kick,
argghh! so disappointed.
I tried to do it just using the regular ones and moving it along
after cutting half of it, well it really did not work that well.
After quite a few attempts at it I knew I would have to get
the extended plates, the next day I was able to find them
at my local Jo-Anns. Well it worked so much better and now
I can make rosettes in one run through the machine and no fudging them!!

26 comments:

Netty said...

Oh wow Marlene, this is fabulous, not sure where to start as I love it all. The technique is outstanding, the rosette with the eye is awesome and I could go on and on...... Just brilliant. x

Maggie said...

I adore that rosette I need that die; lol. Your colours and the technique have worked well I love all the stamping a great piece.

Maggie

Pam said...

Very cool art! It's one of those pieces that are fun to look at!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

This is a great piece, Marlene, and I LOVE that rosette!!! I'd say it was well worth the searching and trouble to get all the parts you needed. :o)

Jolanda said...

The colours you have used for the distressing have worked really well together. The eye is great!!

Yelowflower said...

wow, looks great, that eye is a wonderful idea!!!!

{I made a rosette last night by scoring a strip of paper I had inked with AIs and cut the strip with decorative edge scissors....lots and lots of scoring, but it came out pretty neat...would love the die, but just cannot justify the expense right now (am buying TH stamp sets lol)}

Lena said...

Beautiful! The best one so far,I consider... Love your rosette and the colours are just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Totally stunning artwork Marlene! The colours & design are perfect! Love it!

Sandi M said...

Very cool use of that rosette! I like it :)

Hels Sheridan said...

Cor this is totally AWESOME!!!

Jane said...

Love, Love your entry this week. Those are some of my favorite colors. The rosette is perfect, and who'd have though of an eye as the center - very clever. I just received the rosette die this week and also realized the need for the plates and platforms. It took 3 clerks at Michael's to figure out that I needed both. Can't wait to give them a try. Thank you for the inspiration

donna said...

It is all wonderful. Your background and colors and rosette and eye and that clear tape looks cool too!

Chrissie said...

Fantastic Marlene. Love the use of the eye as the center of that awesome rosette...can't wait to get my hands on that one!

Sue West said...

I think this is fabulous Marlene, love your background, and that rosette and the eye are just brilliant. I think I'm going to have to get that die. (Thanks for the info about needing extra bits for the Big Shot!)
Sue xx

Rhonda said...

This is INCREDIBLE!! LOVE how you have used the rosette die - brilliant! Cheers!

Daniele said...

this is totally awesome love the coloured background and that rosette is a great finishing touch

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is so striking! Love the eye! Kim

Terry said...

Oh this is just too cool! I love your placement of the eye in the center of the rosette!!

Toni Stacey Simpson said...

That is just amazing! I love love love it!!!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Marlene, this ROCKS!!! That background is downright amazing! I love your bold color combination-- it worked beautifully and has a cool, stormy sky look that is PERFECT for the sentiment. The eye at the center of the rosette is awesome-- what a great idea, and a really effective way to convey the card's theme.

And that rosette is TOO wonderful!!! I'm so happy you got it, and were able to find the extra plate you needed. You're going to have fun with that for a LONG time to come!

Saskia said...

Lovely background!

Judy Wood said...

nice job! wow!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful, the "eye" stamps looks so cool on that rosette die!

Esther said...

This is stunning - fabulous colours and I think I may need to put that rosette die on my wish list! Thanks for leaving your coment - I'm off to have another browse of your blog as I'm loving your art...Esther xx

Sherry said...

Lovely eye catching piece! (pun inteneded!) Really lovely and the colours you've used are great.

Stamped Impressions said...

Love the artwork used on this piece!